Munich, March 26, 2019 – Gütt Olk Feldhaus advised MAN Energy Solutions on the acquisition of a 40% participation in the electrolysis technology company H-TEC SYSTEMS headquartered in Lübeck, Germany. The transaction documentation also provides for the option of a takeover of a majority or of all remaining outstanding shares in H-TEC SYSTEMS at a later stage. The transaction marks the entry of MAN Energy Solutions into the hydrogen business. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.
H-TEC SYSTEMS has more than 20 years of experience in research and development of hydrogen technology. At its sites in Braak and Augsburg, the company develops and manufactures stacks and electrolysers for the production of hydrogen. H-TEC SYSTEMS is a subsidiary of GP JOULE, a project developer specializing in renewable energies and sector coupling.
Based in Augsburg, Germany, MAN Energy Solutions SE is one of the world's leading solution providers in the fields of industrial production, energy and maritime industries and also a manufacturer of large diesel and gas engines as well as turbomachinery. MAN Energy Solutions employs around 14,000 people at more than 120 locations worldwide.
Advisors to MAN Energy Solutions SE:
- Gütt Olk Feldhaus (Munich): Dr. Sebastian Olk (Corporate/M&A, lead), Julian Zaich (Banking & Finance), Thomas Becker (IP/IT); Associates: Isabelle Vrancken (Corporate/M&A), Christopher Ghabel (Banking & Finance), Matthias Uelner (Corporate/M&A)
- Altenburg (Munich): Andreas Ege (Employment)
- Bardehle Pagenberg (Munich): Prof. Dr. Peter Chrocziel (Patent Law – Patent Due Diligence)
- WTS (Cologne): Niels Hofer (Lead), Fabian König (Tax, Tax Structuring, Tax Due Diligence)
- FAS (Dusseldorf): Dirk Spalthoff, Lucas Kleine (Financial Due Diligence)
About Gütt Olk Feldhaus:
Gütt Olk Feldhaus is a leading German business law firm based in Munich. The firm’s key areas of expertise are M&A, private equity, finance and corporate with a particular focus on transactions and cross border aspects.
Dr. Sebastian Olk
Tel. +49 89 24 22 41 120
Mobile +49 174 21 88 911